After our test shots in the morning, here's just a rough video of the shots we tried out and experimented with the lighting. We are also looking at 16:9 or 2:35:1 aspect ratio and tried out both to see how it looks!
this pink lighting is amazing! not sure if it'll work fur our final shoot, I don't want the colour to come across and gender stereotypical. Guess it wouldn't if we used the same light gels for both actors
It does look really nice aesthetically but you're right. I also don't want to distract any attention from the painting and I feel like using brightly coloured gels might do that...
yep I agree with both of your opinions! we should just create something clean and simple.if we add these gels it will take away the realism of the painting and also the attention of detail within the portrait. Furthermore I believe the colours may create confusion for the artist due to the fact that they have synesthesia and it may become to distracting for them.
this pink lighting is amazing! not sure if it'll work fur our final shoot, I don't want the colour to come across and gender stereotypical. Guess it wouldn't if we used the same light gels for both actors
ReplyDeleteIt does look really nice aesthetically but you're right. I also don't want to distract any attention from the painting and I feel like using brightly coloured gels might do that...
ReplyDeleteyep I agree with both of your opinions! we should just create something clean and simple.if we add these gels it will take away the realism of the painting and also the attention of detail within the portrait. Furthermore I believe the colours may create confusion for the artist due to the fact that they have synesthesia and it may become to distracting for them.
ReplyDeleteI think its best to not have the gels but use simple lighting.
ReplyDelete