Age: 27
Location: : Cambridge, England
Synaesthesia type: Grapheme-colour synaesthesia, Chromesthesia, Spatio-temporal synaesthesia, Personality/emotion-colour synaesthesia
Paragraph detailing your experience of having synaesthesia:
The first experience I had of synaesthesia was when I was 5 years old at school and I remember I was learning to write. On the page of my notebook, my A turned red, my B turned blue, and my C turned green.
Whenever I think of letters or numbers I see them in my head as a certain colour. So words have different colours based on the letters they’re made up of. Which means places and objects and anything will have a colour.
Location: : Cambridge, England
Synaesthesia type: Grapheme-colour synaesthesia, Chromesthesia, Spatio-temporal synaesthesia, Personality/emotion-colour synaesthesia
Paragraph detailing your experience of having synaesthesia:
The first experience I had of synaesthesia was when I was 5 years old at school and I remember I was learning to write. On the page of my notebook, my A turned red, my B turned blue, and my C turned green.
Whenever I think of letters or numbers I see them in my head as a certain colour. So words have different colours based on the letters they’re made up of. Which means places and objects and anything will have a colour.
People have colours based on the letters in their name. Whenever I think of a person I see their colour. But this can change based on their personality, how close they are as a friend, how well we get on. Colours fade out if the person isn’t very nice, and colours get brighter when the person is awesome or really important in my life. Sometimes I won’t like a person so much based on their colour if it’s not aesthetically pleasing. Sometimes I like a person a lot because the colours of their name look amazing.
Feelings and emotions have colours, so if I’m in a certain mood I can see/feel the colour of that mood all around me.
Because I also have spatio-temporal synaesthesia, I can see hours in the day, days of the week, weeks, months, years, in circular shapes, and again all in different colours. This means memories and periods of time are in colour. I’ll remember an experience or somewhere I visited, or a particular time in my life and see it in all the colours it’s made up of. I’ll also see this in my circular timeline. I can also see time.
My favourite kind of synaesthesia that I have is being able to see music. I don’t just see colours, I see shapes and patterns. I love watching music in my head. And I find different kinds of music emotionally provocative because of the colours. When I’ve been to festivals or listened to live music, a lot of the time I shut my eyes so that I can watch everything. It can be quite an overload on my senses to be experiencing everything externally as well as internally.
When I describe any of this to other people they say it sounds tiring. I think it makes things in my head quite noisy and busy, and I’m overly sensitive in a lot of ways. But I wouldn't want to be without it. It definitely enhances my life and the way I experience things. And finally being able to get it out of my head and paint or draw what I see is amazing.
Because I also have spatio-temporal synaesthesia, I can see hours in the day, days of the week, weeks, months, years, in circular shapes, and again all in different colours. This means memories and periods of time are in colour. I’ll remember an experience or somewhere I visited, or a particular time in my life and see it in all the colours it’s made up of. I’ll also see this in my circular timeline. I can also see time.
My favourite kind of synaesthesia that I have is being able to see music. I don’t just see colours, I see shapes and patterns. I love watching music in my head. And I find different kinds of music emotionally provocative because of the colours. When I’ve been to festivals or listened to live music, a lot of the time I shut my eyes so that I can watch everything. It can be quite an overload on my senses to be experiencing everything externally as well as internally.
When I describe any of this to other people they say it sounds tiring. I think it makes things in my head quite noisy and busy, and I’m overly sensitive in a lot of ways. But I wouldn't want to be without it. It definitely enhances my life and the way I experience things. And finally being able to get it out of my head and paint or draw what I see is amazing.

This is great! we can try to add more profiles with people who have synthesia and they can share their personal stories and experiences.This will make the website more interactive and engaging!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete