Tuesday, 4 October 2016

Millie (Primary Research)

"I find it funny when people find it cool. To me it's so normal, I find it really strange to try to imagine not experiencing the world this way. it's super interesting that you're making a documentary- I was originally going to study psychology at Oxford because they do a lot of neurological research in this field! The main manifestation I experience is sound and colour, so basically I see sound. It's most intense with music, which is pretty intense, so obviously music is a big part of my life and if a song is vivid enough sometimes I paint. I'm actually working on starting a blog where I paint music/sound... I wouldn't have but so many people have suggested it and encouraged it that I think it would be enjoyable (although I think people would find it weird) to share my experience.
I also intensely associate scents and memory and also words/letters with colours, and have visuospatial synethesia (so for example I see time in a very tangible spatial arrangement).

Sorry if none of this makes sense. I struggle to explain it. I enjoy it but it's so normal to me that I don't really focus on it. It's only when I hear a particularly beautiful or visually interesting song when I'm like wow what would life be if I could only hear this and not see it. For me it enhances my experience and I can't imagine life without it."

No comments:

Post a Comment