Tuesday, 4 October 2016

Rosie (Primary Research)


When people listen to music, they usually think/fantasise about places they've been or things they have seen, or even places they haven't been and dream of going. I am different in that sense as I don't fantasise, but more visualise colours and patterns when I listen to music. Sometimes I can draw what I see in my head, and it reminds me of psychedelic paintings. One song really stands out to me - Flowers by J Dilla.  

It is hard to understand as its a 2D picture, but this square and the colours are melting into eachother, and sloshing around like OJ to the best of the tune. 
Not every song I listen to makes me 'hallucinate' colours and funky patterns. The colours that pop up are usually different shades of my favourite colours (purple, blue, pink, yellow & orange), and vary to dark grungy colours such as dark greens, navy blue and midnight purples - All depending on the beat / tempo / emotion of the song.  

For me, it's amazing to know that synaesthesia is an actual thing because it makes so much sense to why im so inspired by music to create art. I love colour and groovy drawings and weird animations anyway; music definitely enhances the love I have for art.  
Certain words remind me of certain colours.
I've got a picture of some graffiti I saw in town...it's literally perfect for this because what the graffiti is is what goes on in my head when I listen to music. The artist is Mr penfold. but that's the kind of things I see in my head when I listen to certain music/tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment